Encino, a Memory Care Neighborhood
Our Memory Care staff cares for each individual resident centered on his or her abilities, not their disabilities.
- 24-hour nursing care
- Individual and group activities designed to maximize social interaction
- Life-nurturing activities such as handyman, child care, and laundry folding stations
- Reminisce boxes to visually remind the resident of their many life achievements
- Memory Care safe courtyard
- Teepa Snow Memory Care Rehabilitation Program
You can rest assured knowing your loved one is being cared for by healthcare professionals including:
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs)
- Social Services Director
- Activities Director
- Quality of Life Program Manager
- Other medical specialists as needed
These individuals follow the recommendations of the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners.
Life Nurturing and Enhancement
Nurturing stations enable our residents to maintain their important life activities and provide structure throughout their day. Gardening, working with tools, making the bed, setting the table, are all examples of life skills programming.
Families are encouraged to visit often and to discuss your loved one’s specific preferences and needs with our staff. We are here to provide you and your loved one with educational and emotional resources. We also invite you to participate in our Memory Care Support Group.
Throughout our lifetime, we create many memories. At Oak Park Nursing and Rehabilitation, our staff is trained to gently walk hand in hand with your loved ones through those memories.
Memory Care Transitions Program – Creating Memory Care Beyond Compare
At Oak Park Nursing and Rehabilitation, our Memory Care Transitions Program provides for individuals who are not yet ready for a traditional entry controlled memory care unit, but who would still benefit from a facility that offers a safe environment using elopement-reduction technologies such as a WanderGuard System. This allows you or your loved one to maintain a sense of independence, while still benefiting from our Memory Care Program and associated amenities and activities. Features of our Memory Care Transitions Program includes:
- Structured and self–directed activities
- Participation in our Memory Care Support Group
- Access to our Linked Senior software activities program
- Life nurturing stations and opportunities
- Access to care provided by our memory care certified staff (certified dementia practitioners)
- Ability to experience and progressively acclimate to our traditional memory care neighborhood/wing when an access-controlled environment becomes necessary
For more information, please call or come by for a tour.